If you are interested in a career with Marsh Master® we encourage you to apply for one of our open positions.
Reports to Service Manager
Compensation based on experience and training. The position is eligible for full benefits.
Job purpose: The mobile heavy equipment technician is responsible for inspecting, diagnosing and repairing Marsh Master® buggies and related equipment. This position is expected to work with excellence and integrity and must be able to work independently and with a team. The mobile heavy equipment technician must be able to receive instruction from superiors and effectively communicate with the service manager and other technicians in the shop.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Diagnose mechanical, hydrostatic, and electrical problems and perform repairs and maintenance to Marsh Master® buggies and related equipment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis
- Perform routine trailer brake inspections/adjustments on hydraulic and electric brakes following Federal DOT requirements
- Troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic systems, electronics, and other components of I.C. hydrostatic driven equipment
- Removes components for repair or replacement such as, but not limited to injectors, starters, water pumps, radiators, brakes, etc.
- Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed
- Coordinate with supervisor and review scope of repairs to prioritize work accordingly
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment
- May assist in the maintenance, repair and cleaning of fixed equipment
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Minimum of three years’ experience on heavy machinery and/or diesel engines
- Maintains a basic knowledge of a vehicle’s mechanical and electrical systems
- Be able to rebuild diesel engines and hydraulic pumps and motors
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- High School diploma
- Must be reliable and work with excellence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around equipment
- Must wear protective equipment as it applies
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy work-exerting up to 100 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently